United Kingdom teaching

To be a qualified United Kingdom teaching, you will need to gain qualified teacher status. As well as being eligible to work in the UK, overseas trained teachers (OTTS) is a fully recognized teaching qualification, in some cases, will require registration of their country of origin. You may be able to gain QTS in England without any further training or assessment. If you are from outside the EEA, you may need to apply for a UK visa. There are different types of visas, each with its own eligibility criteria. Did you know, for example, that secondary teachers in English, maths, physics and chemistry are currently considered ‘shortage occupations’ by the Home Office?  If you are qualified to United Kingdom teaching in the European Economic Area, Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, visit skllz to find out more. Although not mandatory for all schools, evidence shows that most schools hire teachers who hold QTS, or are working towards QTS.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s